Got Blog?

4.18.2003

Why I love my brother:


Posted 11:22 AM by soebeck
Early Sunday morning while it was still dark... Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. She saw two white robed angels sitting at the head and foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying.
"why are you crying?" the angels asked her.
"Because they have taken away my Lord, " she replied, "and I don't know where they have put him."
She glanced over her shoulder and saw someone standing behind her. It was Jesus, but she didn't recognize him.
"Why are you crying?" Jesus asked her.
"Who are you looking for?"
She thought he was the gardner. "Sir," she said, "if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him."
"Mary!" Jesus sasid.
She turned to him and exclaimed, "Teacher!" John 20:1; 11-16. New Living Translation.


I read this the other day as I have been reading it for several days now, since that is the text I am going to use for our Good Friday service. And it brought tears to my eyes. Maybe it was because I had gone to bed at 5:30 the night before and got 3-4 hours of sleep. I mean I am a bit of an emotional roller coaster when i haven't had much sleep. Or maybe it was because the reason I had gotten so little sleep was because i was laying out the gospel to my guests. I don't know what the reason was.


But here is what I do know, and that is I saw clearly that morning Mary weeping. I saw clearly Mary sobbing, hitting her fists against the tomb walls, through great big gasps of air asking God, "Why?" I saw her entering the tomb, not caring that she was crying so hard she could barely see or breathe, falling onto her knees in agony! Then I see this interaction, Mary with her jaw set saying quietly and yet sternly, "Sir, if you have taken him away, let me know... "


"Mary..."
"Listen, please, you have to tell me.."
"Mary..."
"I mean I will go get the body... just let me... let me know where it is..."
"MARY!!!"


I don't know i could see it! The hug that she must have given Jesus! Wow! Stupid eyes, there they go again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home