Got Blog?

11.18.2003

I am thankful for....

I am thankful that I don't have an excess of body hair - a lot of my friends do, and it doesn't gross me out, but I just don't understand it. Why would God give someone so much body hair? What do they need it for?

And that makes me laugh cuz it reminds me of being in jr high/high school and Brant Hansen pondering the new growth of arm hair that he suddenly had. He started to get a half dollar sized patch of hair on his upper arm. "Why is this here? What's it here for? And why is it just growing now?" I believe we spent a good deal of one sunday school lesson wondering about it.

Something that made me laugh recently:

A girl in the after school program started imagining how she would feel if her mom wasn't going to come and pick her up - and she burst into tears and started this whole long story about how her mom was out of town, and how much she missed her, and how she never wanted her mom to go out of town again. After consoling her for the next couple hours, imagine our surprise when her mother came to pick her up... I like that kind of vivid imagination! I remember pretending I got lost in the supermarket when I was little and would imagine how sorry everyone would feel for me that I had lost my mommy, and that the policemen would be very nice and probably buy me ice cream, and everyone would be so worried for the cute little girl in pigtails who had lost her mommy. Then my mom would find me and scold me for running off. I would then wander around with her for a couple aisles waiting for my big break to sneak away and get lost again. Or I would lay in bed at night and end up crying myself to sleep thinking about what would happen if everyone in my family died except my little brother and me. I would fix him peanut butter sandwiches and steal food from the lunchroom so we could eat supper.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:

I found a baby octopus at the beach! Yes that's right!! A baby octopus!! 2 youth group girls and I took him home for a couple hours, then let him go.. .but for a little while he was a little squishy, and he was mine, he was my little squishy...

THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home