Weird thing that I've noticed in my reading lately - the last three books that I've read that have a character who is a skinny little guy, the authors have all talked about the surprisingly large penis they have.. hmmm... weird..
So - I was thinking about the jobs I've had here in Champaign in the last couple years, and I must say that my favorite job based solely on the people I met was when I worked at Goodwill. I met some awesome ladies there - they all had the wise grandmotherly attitude when it came to talking to me, and that was awesome.
There was this lady named Flo - and she is what you think of when you think of the grandma in the movie Soul Food - she was a real loving person, and wanted everyone to discover who they were so they could be happy with themselves. She would always say things like, "Girl - you need to get yourself a man and just have 50 years of nice sweet lovin' - that's where you'll find you happiness - some nice sweet lovin and some good conversation... so you jut start lookin for that man, and you'll be set." Wow - she has to be the smartest woman alive! 50 years of some nice sweet lovin and some good conversation.. that sounds great!
Then there was Krissy. Krissy had just left her husband of 23 years who had beat her almost everyday of thier marriage. One side of her face looked entirely different than the other due to having her face beat in by that dickhead. I think listening to her and Flo talk was the best - Flo didnt' pretend that Krissy's life didn't suck - but after hearing a couple of her stories didn't talk about it or listen to it anymore, just worked on talking of her new freedom and planning for the rest of her life now that she was free.
I think that's really cool. I heard a sermon on Sunday about living in the past and how satan wants us to live there - it's a place where he can still hold onto us, and beat us into feeling guilt and sadness over and over again. Strange how my whole life seems to be hearing the same lessons over and over again until one day I wil finally get it - and claim my freedom from this world
So - I was thinking about the jobs I've had here in Champaign in the last couple years, and I must say that my favorite job based solely on the people I met was when I worked at Goodwill. I met some awesome ladies there - they all had the wise grandmotherly attitude when it came to talking to me, and that was awesome.
There was this lady named Flo - and she is what you think of when you think of the grandma in the movie Soul Food - she was a real loving person, and wanted everyone to discover who they were so they could be happy with themselves. She would always say things like, "Girl - you need to get yourself a man and just have 50 years of nice sweet lovin' - that's where you'll find you happiness - some nice sweet lovin and some good conversation... so you jut start lookin for that man, and you'll be set." Wow - she has to be the smartest woman alive! 50 years of some nice sweet lovin and some good conversation.. that sounds great!
Then there was Krissy. Krissy had just left her husband of 23 years who had beat her almost everyday of thier marriage. One side of her face looked entirely different than the other due to having her face beat in by that dickhead. I think listening to her and Flo talk was the best - Flo didnt' pretend that Krissy's life didn't suck - but after hearing a couple of her stories didn't talk about it or listen to it anymore, just worked on talking of her new freedom and planning for the rest of her life now that she was free.
I think that's really cool. I heard a sermon on Sunday about living in the past and how satan wants us to live there - it's a place where he can still hold onto us, and beat us into feeling guilt and sadness over and over again. Strange how my whole life seems to be hearing the same lessons over and over again until one day I wil finally get it - and claim my freedom from this world

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home