Losing the marbles...
I love it when people let lose and lose a little of their mind... I feel really honored when I am around when this happens.. I'm not the type of person who will go crazy around just anybody, so when someone tells me they are going crazy and continue to a full on frenzied freak out - I am one trusted individual!
I remember one day sitting in the Lincoln dorm rooms with Jenn Reedy and watching Simon Birch - I love Simon Birch.. he's so stinking little and he accidently kills his best friends' mom.. poor little guy.. anyway, he yells up to God that he's sorry and I just lost it. I cried and cried and cried, I cried about nothing, and I cried about everything.. it was craziness, I probably cried for 3 hours. And that started another person crying, and so then poor Jenn Reedy is just sitting there letting us cry - what a cleansing moment!
Another time my friend Beth Shaffer freaked out right in the middle of our high school hallway - that was sweet.. throwing stuff around, yelling, kneeling right down in the hallway and putting her head in her locker and then yelling in there so it would be louder...
I think that's why our favorite scene in Empire Records is when Liv Tyler's character loses it and starts destroying the store..
So I got to be involved in another one of these times the other day, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Why do we let ourselves pretend to hold everything together for so long that one day we can't stand the thought of even being in our own skin?
I wish guys did this more - I think that if my guy friends could freak out about merely having emotions and not knowing what to do with them, then some of my conversations would be less like confessionals where they only deal with the actions that came from their emotions... hmm... does that make sense? It does to me, cuz I can see the inner workings of my brain...
soeyun rebeccah song is now leaving - buh bye
I love it when people let lose and lose a little of their mind... I feel really honored when I am around when this happens.. I'm not the type of person who will go crazy around just anybody, so when someone tells me they are going crazy and continue to a full on frenzied freak out - I am one trusted individual!
I remember one day sitting in the Lincoln dorm rooms with Jenn Reedy and watching Simon Birch - I love Simon Birch.. he's so stinking little and he accidently kills his best friends' mom.. poor little guy.. anyway, he yells up to God that he's sorry and I just lost it. I cried and cried and cried, I cried about nothing, and I cried about everything.. it was craziness, I probably cried for 3 hours. And that started another person crying, and so then poor Jenn Reedy is just sitting there letting us cry - what a cleansing moment!
Another time my friend Beth Shaffer freaked out right in the middle of our high school hallway - that was sweet.. throwing stuff around, yelling, kneeling right down in the hallway and putting her head in her locker and then yelling in there so it would be louder...
I think that's why our favorite scene in Empire Records is when Liv Tyler's character loses it and starts destroying the store..
So I got to be involved in another one of these times the other day, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Why do we let ourselves pretend to hold everything together for so long that one day we can't stand the thought of even being in our own skin?
I wish guys did this more - I think that if my guy friends could freak out about merely having emotions and not knowing what to do with them, then some of my conversations would be less like confessionals where they only deal with the actions that came from their emotions... hmm... does that make sense? It does to me, cuz I can see the inner workings of my brain...
soeyun rebeccah song is now leaving - buh bye

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home