Got Blog?

7.29.2003

The Crazy Champaign Guy

So, there's this crazy guy that walks around in Champaign - he's a super tall super thin black guy and he walks around on Springfield Ave yelling random things out and waving his arms around scaring people. He's a little scary, but I have always liked watching him as I wait in traffic, or am driving by.... I can never really understand what he's saying - or if he is actually yelling at anyone. Sometimes I pretend that he is a freestyle rapper and he's just talking about whatever is around him trying to make sense of it.

Today I've seen him three times.. and I have to wonder if he's really as crazy as we all think. Today I saw him about 6:30am and he was walking down a side street. And he was just walking - not yelling at anyone, not waving his arms around.. just walking around - he was actually strolling through the quiet neighborhood, and not taking these huge strides like he normally does.

Then I saw him back on Springfield about 10am and he was yelling and waving his arms around again.

Then I saw him back on a quiet street and he was once again walking around normally - taking his time, and just watching the people in the park... it was kind of weird..

I wonder if he reacts to the enviroment - on a busy street he has to be busy and loud just like the cars around him, and all the fast food businesses, but on quiet streets he can look at the quiet trees and be quiet like the people sleeping in their houses... I think I'm growing kind of fond of the crazy Champaign guy.

My favorite sounds as of the past couple weeks:

1. My friend Rachel started laughing while telling a story and got the hiccups and they kept cutting into her story and her laughing, and that makes anyone sound like such a kid - I love it

2. The old Eve 6 CD

3. Silly country music - like song of the south, you know, bar country where everyone knows the song even if they are punk rockers - where everyone sings along

4. My little (20 yr old) bro singing in the shower - he has always done this, and it always makes me feel like I have the greatest goofy family ever

5. Hearing anyone quote the tranquilizer dart scene from Old School - that is just some funny stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home