THE $32,000 QUESTION
Today on the syndicated version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire??, the $32,000 question was: What in internet lingo does "blog" mean? I was very excited that I would have moved up to the $64,000 question.. but I was having an ADD flare up - so I forgot to watch to see if she got the answer right.. last I saw she was going to phone a friend.
My friend Nate just got engaged - congrats Nate! He was an intern in Mexico in '99 - and he's definitely one of the coolest people I will probably ever know. Nikki is the very lucky girl that said yes, and she is super cute and super great. Best of luck to Nate and Nikki!
I went with the youth group yesterday to the Springfield Inner City Mission - where there is a picture of Doc Henderson on the wall! - and we did some landscaping work for them, and then we got to hear a testimony given by a chica named Candice. She's pretty rad - super loud and crazy.. It was really neat because from where I was sitting I could see all of the kids' faces. Seeing them when she described the kind of abuse that was inflicted by her father and the life that she had on the streets was awesome. Some of them I could see their brains start clicking and knew that they would remember the story forever. We have a really cool group of kids at Windsor Road, even thought most of them are rich white kids.. it seems like those are the hardest kids to make care about anything. The youth minister there has a tough job - in just dealing with the whiney kids' parents.. I would NOT want to be in his shoes most of the time!
Brant Hansen spoke on Sunday about worship - he's so stinking smart.. I am so thankful for the people I had teaching me when I was young. Things that seem so revolutionary now are all things that I've heard before. Mostly because Brant's only interest in learning and teaching is truth. So he doesn't teach or speak about things that are the popular movement of the time.. he taught me the big picture at a young age so that the little stuff is a lot easier for me to understand than some other people that just did fun stupid things with their youth groups. One of the first things I remember Brant really stressing to us is that worship is the one thing that we can do that God can't do for himself - worshipping him with a free heart - choosing to love Him.. and that's how our entire lives end up being an act of worship and how we need to live because of it. I'm glad that this group of kids got that message from Brant on Sunday - it lets us put church in its proper place. Not as the place where we go and worship and have fellowship - but just another place where we go to worship and have fellowship. Since worship is a life decision - a lifestyle decision - it helps us realize that God is a personal God and not one that can be placed in a box - even one as big as a new church building
Today on the syndicated version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire??, the $32,000 question was: What in internet lingo does "blog" mean? I was very excited that I would have moved up to the $64,000 question.. but I was having an ADD flare up - so I forgot to watch to see if she got the answer right.. last I saw she was going to phone a friend.
My friend Nate just got engaged - congrats Nate! He was an intern in Mexico in '99 - and he's definitely one of the coolest people I will probably ever know. Nikki is the very lucky girl that said yes, and she is super cute and super great. Best of luck to Nate and Nikki!
I went with the youth group yesterday to the Springfield Inner City Mission - where there is a picture of Doc Henderson on the wall! - and we did some landscaping work for them, and then we got to hear a testimony given by a chica named Candice. She's pretty rad - super loud and crazy.. It was really neat because from where I was sitting I could see all of the kids' faces. Seeing them when she described the kind of abuse that was inflicted by her father and the life that she had on the streets was awesome. Some of them I could see their brains start clicking and knew that they would remember the story forever. We have a really cool group of kids at Windsor Road, even thought most of them are rich white kids.. it seems like those are the hardest kids to make care about anything. The youth minister there has a tough job - in just dealing with the whiney kids' parents.. I would NOT want to be in his shoes most of the time!
Brant Hansen spoke on Sunday about worship - he's so stinking smart.. I am so thankful for the people I had teaching me when I was young. Things that seem so revolutionary now are all things that I've heard before. Mostly because Brant's only interest in learning and teaching is truth. So he doesn't teach or speak about things that are the popular movement of the time.. he taught me the big picture at a young age so that the little stuff is a lot easier for me to understand than some other people that just did fun stupid things with their youth groups. One of the first things I remember Brant really stressing to us is that worship is the one thing that we can do that God can't do for himself - worshipping him with a free heart - choosing to love Him.. and that's how our entire lives end up being an act of worship and how we need to live because of it. I'm glad that this group of kids got that message from Brant on Sunday - it lets us put church in its proper place. Not as the place where we go and worship and have fellowship - but just another place where we go to worship and have fellowship. Since worship is a life decision - a lifestyle decision - it helps us realize that God is a personal God and not one that can be placed in a box - even one as big as a new church building

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home