Got Blog?

9.14.2003

A Doggie Beach??

Yes, that's right, a Doggie Beach.. oh the fun times to be had with my dog! I think I'm starting to like where I live. Not that it sucked before, but I think the Doggie Beach just topped it off. If Osa's happy, I'm happy! :)

I met the Ruths today. There are three of them at my church, and they all sit together and do everything together. Well, I mostly talked to Ruth #1, she is a rad rad old lady with crazy orange hair. We talked about our homes back in the Midwest, and why she was in Florida. She moved here with her husband almost 30 years ago to take care of a relative of her husband's that they barely even knew. I think that's awesome. She told me that people thought she was crazy, but she knew that it was what God wanted her to do, and that hopefully she would be blessed with someone to take care of her when she was old. This coming from a lady who is 84! It was a really fun conversation. Then at the end of the conversation she said, "I"ll talk to you later sweetie, and well.. I love you" and kissed me.

What a great way to end a conversation with someone you just met! I was shocked for a second, and then told her thank you and gave her a kiss on her cheek and a hug. I always think of children when I think of trusting and loving as Jesus did, and it was really cool to see that in an old person. Someone who had seen what life could dish out. Someone who had known pain and fear, and defeat before - and could instantly love a person. I want to grow to be that person. I want to have so much love in me that it instantly overflows onto everyone I meet. Ruth is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home