Do You Like to Party?! Cuz That's What We Do...
SoeYun's Friday Night:
1. Went out with a chick named Jenny who is the mom of one of my preschool kids
2. Learned a little too much about her life on the ride over to the movies
a) Has been married 3 times
i. First husband was gay
ii. Second husband hated sex
iii. Third husband is still around, but all her friends are taking bets on when it will be over..
b) Likes Star Trek
i. Is in a Star Trek Club
ii. Goes to Star Trek Conventions
iii. Wears Star Trek "Gear" at Star Trek Conventions
iv. Likes to make fun of all the "geeks and nerds" at Star Trek Conventions
3. Met up with some of her friends at the movie Kill Bill (which is the greatest movie I've seen in a LOOOONG time)
a) They are in her Star Trek Club
i. They did not like my jokes about the Star Trek Conventions
ii. Kevin said to me after I made a smart ass comment about nerds. " Do you like to party?! Cuz that's what we do! We party! These conventions are just one big party, there's drinking, and just crazy partying!"
iii. Seemed offended when I didn't believe him
iv. They also like to make fun of the "geeks and nerds" at the Star Trek Conventions
b) They work for AnimeNation
i. They love to critique all other forms of animation
ii. This equals that they are dorks
c) Talk about online games ALL the time
i. They think it's important to tell me what they're characters do in these games
ii. Seem offended when I say, "What? What was that? I just totally got disinterested.."
4. Felt totally horrified and then ashamed of myself for feeling horrified when they said that I fit in with their group "like a puzzle piece"
5. Could have kicked myself when invited to hang out again I replied with a very convincing, "Okay! Great!"
Jenny is a wonderful mother, and a fabulous person, she's super nice... but dang it... I just don't think I fit in... maybe I just don't want to fit in! :)
So that's it kids, SoeYun's first night out on her own... A TOTAL SUCCESS!! Plus.. added bonus.. Jenny says that I have a new shopping partner anytime I'm ready to go! We'll even be able to get a milkshake while we shop! She didn't care when I said I hate to shop..
So will I see these people again?? Yeah... maybe...
SoeYun's Friday Night:
1. Went out with a chick named Jenny who is the mom of one of my preschool kids
2. Learned a little too much about her life on the ride over to the movies
a) Has been married 3 times
i. First husband was gay
ii. Second husband hated sex
iii. Third husband is still around, but all her friends are taking bets on when it will be over..
b) Likes Star Trek
i. Is in a Star Trek Club
ii. Goes to Star Trek Conventions
iii. Wears Star Trek "Gear" at Star Trek Conventions
iv. Likes to make fun of all the "geeks and nerds" at Star Trek Conventions
3. Met up with some of her friends at the movie Kill Bill (which is the greatest movie I've seen in a LOOOONG time)
a) They are in her Star Trek Club
i. They did not like my jokes about the Star Trek Conventions
ii. Kevin said to me after I made a smart ass comment about nerds. " Do you like to party?! Cuz that's what we do! We party! These conventions are just one big party, there's drinking, and just crazy partying!"
iii. Seemed offended when I didn't believe him
iv. They also like to make fun of the "geeks and nerds" at the Star Trek Conventions
b) They work for AnimeNation
i. They love to critique all other forms of animation
ii. This equals that they are dorks
c) Talk about online games ALL the time
i. They think it's important to tell me what they're characters do in these games
ii. Seem offended when I say, "What? What was that? I just totally got disinterested.."
4. Felt totally horrified and then ashamed of myself for feeling horrified when they said that I fit in with their group "like a puzzle piece"
5. Could have kicked myself when invited to hang out again I replied with a very convincing, "Okay! Great!"
Jenny is a wonderful mother, and a fabulous person, she's super nice... but dang it... I just don't think I fit in... maybe I just don't want to fit in! :)
So that's it kids, SoeYun's first night out on her own... A TOTAL SUCCESS!! Plus.. added bonus.. Jenny says that I have a new shopping partner anytime I'm ready to go! We'll even be able to get a milkshake while we shop! She didn't care when I said I hate to shop..
So will I see these people again?? Yeah... maybe...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home