Josh McDowell?? Yeah, we're BFFs.....
So tonight I went with Soebs to a youth minister dinner thingy, and the speaker was Josh McDowell. A very well known man, who was very unknown to me until I sat next to him at dinner!!!
1. Josh McDowell likes my nose ring
2. Josh McDowell said I have a quick wit
3. Josh McDowell feels a strong urge to yank on a man's nipple ring when he sees them walking around at the beach
4. Josh McDowell is on the Atkins diet
5. Josh McDowell talked to me about his obese mother
6. Josh McDowell told a not so nice joke about his obese dead mother, and I told him it wasn't nice
7. Josh McDowell dresses like Patch Adams
a) Hawaiin shirt
b) beaded necklace
c) Red Nike Shox shoes
d) Great big huge bright red sportswatch
e) Horribly pressed khaki pants that were pleated and creased down the middle of the leg
After this conversation and mentally critiquing how he dressed I found out he was Josh McDowell and immediately found it very hard to talk anymore... even though I don't really know who he is, I was still intimidated. But Soebs was too. When Josh McDowell asked him what he did, he answered but in his fake "I'm nervous" voice, followed by his "I'm nervous and a pansy little girl" titter.
Anway, we exchanged numbers, I'm invited to his house in TX for Easter, and I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... well maybe not, but I think that I might at least read some of his books now.
Oh, and weird thing, his whole spiel tonight was the exact thing Soebs was talking about on Sunday, and I think Soebs made me think more than Josh McDowell... yes, it's true, maybe Soebs isn't a pansy little girl after all!
** the guy on the new Queer Eye For The Straight Guy now looks like David Bowie... I don't think they realized he had no upper lip when they shaved his beard...**
So tonight I went with Soebs to a youth minister dinner thingy, and the speaker was Josh McDowell. A very well known man, who was very unknown to me until I sat next to him at dinner!!!
1. Josh McDowell likes my nose ring
2. Josh McDowell said I have a quick wit
3. Josh McDowell feels a strong urge to yank on a man's nipple ring when he sees them walking around at the beach
4. Josh McDowell is on the Atkins diet
5. Josh McDowell talked to me about his obese mother
6. Josh McDowell told a not so nice joke about his obese dead mother, and I told him it wasn't nice
7. Josh McDowell dresses like Patch Adams
a) Hawaiin shirt
b) beaded necklace
c) Red Nike Shox shoes
d) Great big huge bright red sportswatch
e) Horribly pressed khaki pants that were pleated and creased down the middle of the leg
After this conversation and mentally critiquing how he dressed I found out he was Josh McDowell and immediately found it very hard to talk anymore... even though I don't really know who he is, I was still intimidated. But Soebs was too. When Josh McDowell asked him what he did, he answered but in his fake "I'm nervous" voice, followed by his "I'm nervous and a pansy little girl" titter.
Anway, we exchanged numbers, I'm invited to his house in TX for Easter, and I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... well maybe not, but I think that I might at least read some of his books now.
Oh, and weird thing, his whole spiel tonight was the exact thing Soebs was talking about on Sunday, and I think Soebs made me think more than Josh McDowell... yes, it's true, maybe Soebs isn't a pansy little girl after all!
** the guy on the new Queer Eye For The Straight Guy now looks like David Bowie... I don't think they realized he had no upper lip when they shaved his beard...**

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home