There ain't no cookin' like Mama's cookin'
Is it just me?? I expect old people to know how to cook up some good food. They've had all these years of cooking for people, and they screw it all up and make people get all homesick because not one thing that they cook can taste right...
I was all excited for some really great food tonight at our church Thanksgiving dinner. And instead I had mashed potatoes that tasted like water, some really heavy dumplings, gross apple salad, and some really bad pumpkin pie... sigh.... I miss my mom....
I didn't really care about the 'real' food part of the dinner, but I was very excited about my pile o' pie that I had constructed for myself and dug into my piece of pumpkin pie (which is my favorite) and it did not taste like pumpkin pie. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be sweet potatoe or pumpkin... it tasted like weak tea...
So I just sat there with my pile o' pie, which consisted of 3 huge pieces of pie, that was going to go to waste and tried not to cry. I know it's stupid, but little things really make you homesick sometimes...
Is it just me?? I expect old people to know how to cook up some good food. They've had all these years of cooking for people, and they screw it all up and make people get all homesick because not one thing that they cook can taste right...
I was all excited for some really great food tonight at our church Thanksgiving dinner. And instead I had mashed potatoes that tasted like water, some really heavy dumplings, gross apple salad, and some really bad pumpkin pie... sigh.... I miss my mom....
I didn't really care about the 'real' food part of the dinner, but I was very excited about my pile o' pie that I had constructed for myself and dug into my piece of pumpkin pie (which is my favorite) and it did not taste like pumpkin pie. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be sweet potatoe or pumpkin... it tasted like weak tea...
So I just sat there with my pile o' pie, which consisted of 3 huge pieces of pie, that was going to go to waste and tried not to cry. I know it's stupid, but little things really make you homesick sometimes...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home