Got Blog?

11.07.2006

"It's boring.. but it's my life..."

My professor asked me if I was ok today, and when I asked her why she said I seemed bored. To which I replied just today? Or always? She said, well, I guess.. always, you always look bored.
"Welcome to my life" When she asked what she could do to help I told her to punch me in the face, set one of my patients on fire, then ask me to explain their labs - and then I may not be so bored...

I know school is supposed to be 'good' for you and everything, but damn, I hate it. I don't know why you can't just follow a nurse around for a couple weeks, read some books, and take the exam and then work under another preceptor for a little while. What's all this schoolin' about?! And it's the same thing for just about everything, there is not one bit of education out there that isn't half bullshit.

I think I feel like my entire personality has been squashed this semester. I keep trying to be quiet, or not be funny.. to look like I am taking everything seriously. My wonderfully wise friend Jenn Reedy and I were talking about this problem and she said it great, "Don't mistake my laughter for a lack of seriousness or professionalism" or something like that... I feel like if I get an A on every test, all my patients like me, all the nurses feel good about me taking care of patients, then leave me the hell alone and let me make jokes every once in a while. All these people that are all serious all the time are the ones who suck!

While I am ranting.. I will soon be getting the best sister ever award for a Christmas present that I have for a certain older brother of mine, but I'm afraid I may have to send it back cuz the people messed it up! There is currently a very polite yet curt voicemail floating around out there in voicemail land for a certain company who had better come through or curt will soon morph into death threats and obscenities. Which is personally my favorite flavor of voicemail.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I just found this when I typed in your name. What's up why havent' you emailed me back. Miss you

    Jewels

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger soebeck said…

    Hey, post something new.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger soeyun said…

    don't tell me what to do sucka!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home