Got Blog?

1.25.2004

Yo Peeps, I hope you're still feeling funky...

So - Soebs and I are in our new place, it's fun! I even have my own room! I can go to sleep even when he's watching tv! It's the small things in life people, the small things..

Funny things about our new house:

1. None of the cabinets match
- all of the doors are different, all of the drawers are a weird size and have black screw heads exposed on the white wood
- 2 white cabinet doors, 2 oak cabinet doors, and 2 that don't even match each other on the other ones... very strange...

2. We no longer have a front yard, we have a pseudo playground minus jungle bars - the entire yard is mulch - our landlord brought us some mulch to have a pathway on, and they spread it out, and just kept spreading...

3. Where the computer sits, the floor is slanted... so when you sit down in the chair, it goes rolling to your left and you can smack right into the wall.

4. It's a teeny house, and it has 5 ceiling fans.. FIVE! None of them are the same either, and the fan in our living room, the blades don't match each other, 2 are wood, and 2 are white

5. Soebs and I have A closet - you can walk into my closet and exit through his closet into his room - it's our secret passageway.
- Soebs said that if anyone ever comes in and tries to attack him, he's going to run through the secret passageway and make me save him, it's true, he's a wuss

6. None of the mini blinds fit the windows when we moved in - they were all jankity hooptified into the windows with either huge gaps on either side, or they only went halfway down the window - they are all currently laying in a heap outside - I hate mini blinds...

That's about it, all in all, Soebs and I love our new little place (as I've said before, it's cute in its own quirky little way, just like me!) - the little dirt road that we drive down to get here, enough space for the youth group to come and hang out, it's really great. I realized yesterday that I had never even had a conversation with God about our new little house, I had even forgotten to thank him for giving us this little place that cost so much less than Soebs' one bedroom apt. I am so thankful! God is so good to me over and over again!

The Lord is good to me
And so I praise the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun and the rain and the apple seeds
The Lord is good to me!
- thank you to Ruth Smith for singing that with me from when I was a wee little one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home