The Year Has Finally Come
I guess this is the year - the year that I'm really a grown up since my own mom didn't even call me to tell me happy birthday... man, that Juanita... Maybe it's just another parental shove on the way to becoming a well rounded adult - the last kick in the face outta the ole nest that tells you, "hey, quit expecting money and love - you've had enough, I've given all I can give! What do you want from me?!"
Good ole mom.. will the lessons never end?? So wise! A teacher to the end! ;)
I think my best birthday of all time was the same year I got Osa - I think I had 4 different birthday parties. The finale party being the ultimate in drunken mania. I laughed, I cried, I puked a little... it was awesome. Let me give you the parts I remember:
1. Travis slapped my friend Scott for no reason outside our apt complex
2. I started to cry and yelled at him in my high pitched crying voice, "Stop ruining my birthday party!!"
3. My friend Jim came to my rescue by punching Travis in the face
4. This only made me cry harder
5. Jim felt bad, and they all apologized to each other to try and make me stop crying
6. My roommate made 4 trips to Steak N Shake with carloads of drunken people cuz she was the only sober one
7. We came back to find people doing the deed on our living room floor
That's about all I remember about that one - but with highlights like those, who needs to remember anything else??
I guess this is the year - the year that I'm really a grown up since my own mom didn't even call me to tell me happy birthday... man, that Juanita... Maybe it's just another parental shove on the way to becoming a well rounded adult - the last kick in the face outta the ole nest that tells you, "hey, quit expecting money and love - you've had enough, I've given all I can give! What do you want from me?!"
Good ole mom.. will the lessons never end?? So wise! A teacher to the end! ;)
I think my best birthday of all time was the same year I got Osa - I think I had 4 different birthday parties. The finale party being the ultimate in drunken mania. I laughed, I cried, I puked a little... it was awesome. Let me give you the parts I remember:
1. Travis slapped my friend Scott for no reason outside our apt complex
2. I started to cry and yelled at him in my high pitched crying voice, "Stop ruining my birthday party!!"
3. My friend Jim came to my rescue by punching Travis in the face
4. This only made me cry harder
5. Jim felt bad, and they all apologized to each other to try and make me stop crying
6. My roommate made 4 trips to Steak N Shake with carloads of drunken people cuz she was the only sober one
7. We came back to find people doing the deed on our living room floor
That's about all I remember about that one - but with highlights like those, who needs to remember anything else??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home