I have not had a bible since January.. I think.. I went on a retreat with the high schoolers and lost it. I now only read the bible at my desk at work when I can't think of a specific verse, or on Sunday mornings at church. I can't believe how much I don't read - it's crazy. Especially since I have other bibles, but that was the one I'd had since my first day at LCC, when I was a wee little college freshman. I fought with a really nice lady in the book store (Mr Books was at lunch) about it, because I couldn't get a discount on it. I told her since all my classes were bible related, I should get a discount - I already had a study bible, I didn't need another one, and I wanted this one - so I got the discount. Poor old lady, I was mean..
When I think of verses, I think of them on that paper, in a specific color of highlighter (or many different colors of highlighter or pen is all over it - depending on how many times I forgot) what side of the page it was on, what little notes I've written to myself in the margins (mostly stuff like, why don't you be more like this, stupid??)- I miss it. I keep putting off getting a new one because I just keep hoping to find mine.. it's so sad - but I am excited that once I get a new one I will go all crazy reading it to know it as well as my old one.
Bye bye old bible, I miss you, I hope some nice hotel cleaning lady found you and decided to keep you because your pages were more colored on than those Gideon bibles.. and I hope she reads you and wonders why I liked to write in it so much, and why certain things were so important to me. I know, I know.. it was probably just thrown away... sadness..
When I think of verses, I think of them on that paper, in a specific color of highlighter (or many different colors of highlighter or pen is all over it - depending on how many times I forgot) what side of the page it was on, what little notes I've written to myself in the margins (mostly stuff like, why don't you be more like this, stupid??)- I miss it. I keep putting off getting a new one because I just keep hoping to find mine.. it's so sad - but I am excited that once I get a new one I will go all crazy reading it to know it as well as my old one.
Bye bye old bible, I miss you, I hope some nice hotel cleaning lady found you and decided to keep you because your pages were more colored on than those Gideon bibles.. and I hope she reads you and wonders why I liked to write in it so much, and why certain things were so important to me. I know, I know.. it was probably just thrown away... sadness..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home