Sometimes Things Just Don't Make Any Sense..
I heard that my friend Shannon's dad died today - he has been sick for a while, so it wasn't really a huge shock.. but I think what made me really realize how screwy it was is that my friends dad went into the hospital at the same time SoeBeck did. He also had a stroke - how weird to get that news as I was chatting with my healed brother online... how strange that Shannon and I both had discussed the fears that we had for our loved ones and how horrible of me to lose touch with her the farther away I got from the sharpness of the pain and fear that I had when Soebs was sick.
Why is it that her dad's time is over here on this earth? Why is SoeBeck still here? Why was I spared the pain that Shannon is now feeling? What does God want with this life?? All I know is that God is great - my prayers during that time were for not only my brother, but for myself as well. Asking God to not let me have to feel this pain yet, and to protect me by healing my brother. I feel strange that I know my prayers were answered - were Shannon's ignored? I don't think so.. I don't believe that God could ever ignore the cries of his people - he loves us, and hurts for us too much. But as I'm praising God for the wonderful things in my life - what would I be doing if things were different? I don't know - but I'm sure that God knows - and I'm sure that God is good to me, and that's all I have to explain anything right now..
I heard that my friend Shannon's dad died today - he has been sick for a while, so it wasn't really a huge shock.. but I think what made me really realize how screwy it was is that my friends dad went into the hospital at the same time SoeBeck did. He also had a stroke - how weird to get that news as I was chatting with my healed brother online... how strange that Shannon and I both had discussed the fears that we had for our loved ones and how horrible of me to lose touch with her the farther away I got from the sharpness of the pain and fear that I had when Soebs was sick.
Why is it that her dad's time is over here on this earth? Why is SoeBeck still here? Why was I spared the pain that Shannon is now feeling? What does God want with this life?? All I know is that God is great - my prayers during that time were for not only my brother, but for myself as well. Asking God to not let me have to feel this pain yet, and to protect me by healing my brother. I feel strange that I know my prayers were answered - were Shannon's ignored? I don't think so.. I don't believe that God could ever ignore the cries of his people - he loves us, and hurts for us too much. But as I'm praising God for the wonderful things in my life - what would I be doing if things were different? I don't know - but I'm sure that God knows - and I'm sure that God is good to me, and that's all I have to explain anything right now..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home