During our 5 day power outage, I got the chance to have a nice long chat with my nieghbors. Here's some great lines from our 30 minute conversation..
"I've probably got a thousand dollars of spoiled meat in my deep freezer... think I might jest try n turn a penny and go sell it to some coloreds..."
"See, here's where you find out I'm a survivor.. I could live for days on that patch of grass right there" (pointing to a 1'x1' patch of grass)
"Mosquitos bitin ya? try a couple pinches o sulfur for a couple weeks, you won't get bit another day in yer life... but careful, not too much, or when you sweat, you'll smell like sulfur, and there ain't nobody that likes that"
My all time favorite:
"This here's the time when most people panic and go to lootin'... let me tell you something, when people come a lootin', I go to shootin'
Good times had by all on our little dirt road. The whole family was in our yard, all smoking away - even the kids! It was bizarre, and they are all sitting there in just shorts, or tank tops, and none of them are getting bit! What in the world? I think I might try that injesting toxic chemicals thing..
"I've probably got a thousand dollars of spoiled meat in my deep freezer... think I might jest try n turn a penny and go sell it to some coloreds..."
"See, here's where you find out I'm a survivor.. I could live for days on that patch of grass right there" (pointing to a 1'x1' patch of grass)
"Mosquitos bitin ya? try a couple pinches o sulfur for a couple weeks, you won't get bit another day in yer life... but careful, not too much, or when you sweat, you'll smell like sulfur, and there ain't nobody that likes that"
My all time favorite:
"This here's the time when most people panic and go to lootin'... let me tell you something, when people come a lootin', I go to shootin'
Good times had by all on our little dirt road. The whole family was in our yard, all smoking away - even the kids! It was bizarre, and they are all sitting there in just shorts, or tank tops, and none of them are getting bit! What in the world? I think I might try that injesting toxic chemicals thing..

1 Comments:
At 9:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
dude yeah, i remember when i was in FL, your neighbors were like ALWAYS outside sitting in chairs or walking around or something... they seemed weird... i didn't want any of them to stop me and talk to me... i would've acted like i didn't hear them or i didn't know english or something... haha! by the way, stock got me good the other day... i'll have to tell you about it some time. he's teaching again.
keylyn
Post a Comment
<< Home