Got Blog?

9.11.2004

You can call me Steve Irwin...
The other day I caught a pygmy rattlesnake in my backyard - it was snaking this way and that around the ole' brush pile that Beth and I were raking up, and then before he knew what was happening, BAM! I grabbed him by the back of the tail (very steve irwin like) and then grabbed the back of his head so the little beaut couldn't bite me. Then I put him in a spaghetti jar and gave him to 'Mark down the road' who I guess really likes snakes.
Could I be any more fearless??? Yes I could!!
Today there was a wasp nest in our shed, and I grabbed the wasp nest with a pair of kitchen tongs, slowly put it in a ziplock bag, and threw the bag into our bonfire.

Wasps - 0
SoeYun - 21 (one fell on the ground and I stomped on it)

I must say that I did not know that it was a pygmy rattlesnake. If so.. I'm sure I would have screamed and ran away.

I am also not very fearless when it comes to hurricane Ivan - if it's going to hit here, Beth and I are going to run away to Illinois. We just have to wait and see if my school gets canceled.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    well it's good to see that one of the songs has a better record against bees... i seem to remember soebs' encounter in his dorm room. if i recall correctly everyone BUT your brother spent time in there kicking bee ass... your brother whined and hid in toads room.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha that is awesome! i wish i coulda been there to see you get that wasp nest! or even the snake! i would've run away! i am a horrible song...

    keylyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home