I'm not sure if I'll ever really feel at home in Florida, but if I don't live here anymore.. I know I'll really miss it. I have been sick recently with a cold that literally tried to rip my face off and I think shove it down into my lungs... it really sucked. I had to call out the first two days of clinicals in my new and last semester, and I felt like a chump.
I have been thinking a lot about what to do in the next couple of years. I have two years left in my contract with my current hospital, but I feel like that is way too long. I don't think I'll be able to stick it out being that far away from my family for another two years.
I also have not been able to come up with what area of nursing I want to get settled down into. Right now I work on an Oncology/Med Surg floor that I really enjoy, but I don't think my back will be happy with many more years of lifting adults around all day long. I really liked Labor and Delivery, and also like Pediatrics, but I don't feel like the patients really need me. The pediatric patients have their parents there, or lots of people that want to cuddle with them, and the new moms have kind of been doing this for a kabillion years, sooo... I don't really know what to do. I was talking with my roommate about it, and have so far come up with this:
I know that God opened a ton of doors for me down here and that He plans to use my passion for missions in a big way in my life. Even if it's just for one big trip, or 1,000 big trips, I know that this is why I'm doing nursing. I also am pretty sure that it's so I can be overseas at some point, with whom, doing what, I'm not sure.. So, as long as I can stick it out somewhere, maybe I can just work there 9 months out of the year, and do missions the other 3, or the other way around.
Hopefully this will all happen before my body falls apart and before I finally crash and burn from the lack of sleep in my life. Time seems to be moving a little too fast for me to handle recently, and I feel like I for once in my life need to know what's going on. :)

1 Comments:
At 12:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
(:
i love you sister. god will do something awesome with you.
kln
Post a Comment
<< Home