Got Blog?

5.05.2003

CHICAGO

What?? No drinking on my birthday? Weird... but that's ok - cuz then my friends and I went to Chicago for my birthday this weekend, and had so much fun that I want to do it over and over again! I went to visit my friend Beth Shaffer with my buds Brian and Jim - who are definitely in my top 10 list of people to hang out with at anytime.

First we went out to with my pops to this rad Korean BBQ - where there is an open grill in the middle of your table and you go through the buffet line and grab all this raw meat and stack it up on your plate than throw it on the grill and start eating stuff right off of it. It's so sweet - amd SoJu all around for everyone! Some Kung-Fu masters went with us, and they were definitely impressed with the way American girls could throw back some liquor... well.. maybe not so much impressed as they were stunned.. but it worked out well for me! :) One of the dudes definitely thinks it's ok to pick his nose in public... bad idea chinese guy... bad idea..

After that we all went back to Beth's and hung out - I think when we all are married and have kids and are just busy with our lives that our closeness is something that I will really miss. I like it that we can all talk frankly about what we think of each other, religion, sex, drinking, our futures - and nothing is hidden - we don't have to mince words or hide what we really think... none of them would believe my lies anyway! :)

Then we walked around Beth's adorable little italian neighborhood the next morning and afternoon - we ate some good food and just had a great time. (Yo Ralph - I'll hang out with you in your smoke shop and watch Rocky movies with you anytime) Then the boys left and Beth and I went up north a little ways and walked around all the quirky little fun shops and bought fun posters. It was fantastic.


I think the friends that you grow up with are a weird thing... I don't think I will ever be as close to an entire group of people as I am with them. I have some other great friends now, and individually I think I can definitely be as close to them, but there's something about an entire group of people that have known each other so long.. no one can really break it.. 'cept some stupid girlfriends are definitely trying cuz they suck.. and no one can really come into our group either. I think that's why I worry that at some point we're just going to fade away from each other.. Not necessarily as individual friends, but as a group... Lose who we are together as we become our adult selves.. Part of growing up? I guess so.. but definitely one of the heartbreaking - makes me want to cry parts of growing up..

That's why we have to take care of each other now - eh buddies? True dat mi amigos.. true dat..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home